Woman hurt in blaze – The Royal Gazette | Bermuda News, Business, Sports, Events, & Community

Log In

Reset Password
BERMUDA | RSS PODCAST

Woman hurt in blaze

A Pembroke woman was treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a Pembroke home this week.

Firefighters responded to reports of a house fire on Fenton’s Drive around 11am on Tuesday.

A woman in the house was taken to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, and treated for smoke inhalation. She was later released.

Area residents noticed smoke around 9.30am, but dismissed it as a controlled burning.

It was only when emergency services arrived that they realised the house was on fire.

A spokeswoman for the fire service said the incident is being investigated.

The property on Fentons Drive in Pembroke where there was a fire on Tuesday. (Photo by Mark Tatem)

You must be Registered or to post comment or to vote.

Published February 17, 2012 at 1:00 am (Updated February 17, 2012 at 5:42 am)

Woman hurt in blaze

What you
Need to
Know
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon