Tynes Bay commercial dumping feet increase on April 1
Commercial waste disposal rates at Tynes Bay will increase next month.
From April 1, truckers will have to pay more to ensure the long-term success of the waste-to-energy facility.
The weekday rate will be $105 per ton, which is an increase of $10 per ton.
The rate for Saturdays will be $115 per ton, which is an increase of $5 per ton.
The minimum charge of $12 per load remains unchanged. Fees were last increased in June 2011 and before that in April 2010.
A Ministry of Public Works spokesman said: “These increases are necessary to support the ongoing cost of waste disposal operations at the Tynes Bay facility and to ensure the long-term sustainability of the plant.
“The Ministry appreciates commercial operators’ cooperation and support in this regard.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service