Politicians pay tribute to the late Juthika Ramotar
Parliamentarians paid tribute to Juthika Ramotar, daughter of well-known bus operator Peter Ramotar, who died in a single-vehicle road crash in Florida.
Kim Swan, who was elected as a United Bermuda Party MP, said he knows the Ramotar family very well and he was very saddened by the news.
He asked for a letter to be sent to the family. Shadow Education Minister Grant Gibbons also gave his condolences saying that “losing a child is difficult enough but losing them in such a tragic accident must be very, very difficult”.
Education Minister Dame Jennifer Smith paid tribute to Helen Irene Francis, a former teacher who died in December.
She said that Mrs Francis had a great sense of humour and “enduring patience”. She requested a letter be sent to the family.
Dame Jennifer also offered condolences to the family of the late Congressman Donald Payne Sr. She said he was a friend of Bermuda and of the Progressive Labour Party. Congressman Payne represented the 10th congressional district in the US for 23 years.
“His passing marks a great loss for the cause of democracy and human rights in Ethiopia and Africa,” Dame Jennifer said. “He will be missed.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service