Bermuda College works on vision for next decade
Bermuda College is working on developing its vision for the next decade by tapping into public perceptions about its progress on its current strategic plan.
The facility held its 14th focus group with key constituents yesterday, a spokesman said.
“The College has been holding a series of focus groups with our key constituents as we reach the halfway point of our 2008 ten-year strategic plan,” he added.
“To keep the plan relevant and adaptable, we have started looking toward the next ten years [to 2023]. Meeting with these groups allows the College the opportunity to keep its pulse on constituents’ perceptions and perspectives about our progress to date and what they’d like for us to keep in mind as we chart our course for the immediate future.
“[Last night’s] meeting was the final focus group meeting and we wanted to give members of the general public the opportunity to provide input as well.
“At the end of this phase of information-gathering we would have heard from no less than 14 key constituent groups. The next phase incorporates our internal constituents employees, students and board members for Visioning Day, scheduled for next month.”
In 2008, the College adopted an ambitious strategic plan with 11 strategies and associated action steps.
It vowed to provide services that respond to contemporary students’ academic and personal needs, improve enrolment management and marketing, and “create a collaborative and holistic learning environment which promotes students’ success”.
Other strategies include ensuring that its programmes are responsive to community needs, improving its public perception, creating an alumni association and developing local and overseas partnerships.
The plan also called for providing students and employees with “cutting edge technology”, adequately maintaining its facilities and enhancing the College’s autonomy with measures to ensure financial security.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service