Log In

Reset Password

Airport operations return to normal

First Prev 1 2 3 Next Last

A lockdown was imposed at LF Wade International Airport following the discovery of a suspicious package.

Midday traffic was kept out while police and fire officers investigated. A spokesman described the procedure, in response to an abandoned bag, as “an abundance of caution”. The package turned out to be harmless.

Air Canada’s flight 943 to Toronto was delayed 45 minutes, but otherwise flights weren’t affected.

The Island’s airport was last shut down by emergency services in January, when a suspect envelope prompted concerns.

In limbo: Travellers had to wait beyond the airport entrance as the LF Wade International Airport was put on lockdown yesterday afternoon following the discovery of a suspicious package. (Photo by Akil Simmons)
Travellers reentered the LF Wade International Airport yesterday afternoon, after airport officials announced that operations had been returned back to normal.(Photo by Akil Simmons)

You must be Registered or to post comment or to vote.

Published April 19, 2013 at 9:00 am (Updated April 19, 2013 at 12:45 am)

Airport operations return to normal

What you
Need to
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon