Jump rope experts wow Ag Show crowd
A team of top jump rope professionals, ably assisted by Somersfield Academy students, wowed crowds with their skipping skills at the Agricultural Exhibition on Saturday.
The Jump 2B Fit team, led by world champions Nick Woodard, L.J. LaVecchia and Shaun Hamilton, performed complex jump rope routines in the lower ring at the exhibition.
The trio, all from the US, are currently on the Island to promote the Jump 2B Fit campaign, a worldwide programme to reduce child obesity by encouraging youngsters to take part in physical activity.
The pro-jumpers will be visiting Warwick Academy, Northlands, Saltus and Francis Patton schools today, and Mount Saint Agnes, Clearwater Middle School and Harrington Sound Primary schools tomorrow to deliver a series of jump rope workshops for schoolchildren.
A spokesman for the campaign, which is sponsored on the Island by the Bermuda Heart Foundation and the Argus Group, said: “Jump 2B Fit recreation-based workshops, showcases and documentary screenings introduce children of all ages and abilities to a structured jump rope programme that teaches nutrition, fitness and health, and cultivates lifelong habits that result in strong bones while preventing obesity and other diseases.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service