Overseas Territories Minister here for talks
The UK’s Minister for Overseas Territories is on the Island for two days of meetings with officials.
Mark Simmonds will meet Premier Craig Cannonier, Opposition Leader Marc Bean and other senior politicians and officials while here, Government House announced.
The MP’s first fact-finding mission here also includes talks with police to see how the Island is tackling gang crime, and he will be learning more about international business and tourism on the Island.
Mr Simmonds, who met with Mr Cannonier in London earlier this year, said: “I am looking forward to my visit to Bermuda this week.
“As my first visit, this will be an important opportunity to re-emphasise the strength of the UK’s relationship with the largest and most prosperous overseas territory.
“My visit comes at an important time for Bermuda, and the Overseas Territories as whole, and I look forward to discussing how we can take forward the government’s commitment to delivering the ambitious partnership agenda set out in last year’s White Paper.”
Mr Simmonds will also meet members of Bermuda’s Youth Parliament to discuss the role of the UK in representing the Overseas Territories interests around the world.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service