Hatfield named Chevening Scholar for 2018
The director of development at a solar energy firm has won a top scholarship to the UK to help him boost the renewable energy industry in Bermuda.
Stratton Hatfield, of BE Solar, won a Chevening Scholarship, which will allow him to take a master's degree in sustainability, entrepreneurship and design at prestigious Brunel University in London.
Mr Hatfield said: “I am honoured to be a recipient of the Chevening award and to represent Bermuda on an international level. I look forward to making new connections with my peers and identifying ways to help Bermuda be a model for change with regards to sustainable development and innovation.”
Mr Hatfield was presented with the award, given to just 1,500 applicants out of 61,000 worldwide, by John Rankin, the Governor, at a ceremony at Government House.
Mr Rankin said: “I am delighted that we, once again, have a Bermudian Chevening Scholar and I wish Stratton well for his studies in the UK.
“And I very much hope that we will see another set of Bermudians applying now for scholarships for 2019 to 2020.”
Pahn-ya Ratteray, a previous recipient of a Chevening award, was also at the ceremony.
She completed an MSc in project management at Robert Gordon University in Aberdeen, Scotland from 2015 to 2016.
Chevening Scholarships are awarded to people with leadership potential and strong academic backgrounds. The scholarship offers full financial support to study for eligible master's degrees at any UK university and give access to a wide range of exclusive academic, professional, and cultural experiences.
Applications for future Chevening Scholarships will be accepted until November 6 and should be submitted at www.chevening.org/apply.Applications for Chevening Scholarships to study in the UK are now open until November 6, with applications to be submitted via www.chevening.org/apply
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service