Schrum is new Danish honorary consul
Butterfield Bank chief financial officer Michael Schrum is the new Honorary Consul for Denmark.
Mr Schrum replaces Bent Poulsen, who has retired after 14 years in the role.
He was appointed by Queen Margrethe of Denmark and will liaise with the Embassies of Denmark in Washington and London.
The acting Danish Ambassador to the United States, Henrik Bramsen Hahn, said: “We are pleased to welcome Michael as honorary consul in Bermuda, and we look forward to working closely with him to provide consular services to Danish citizens on the island.
“I would also like to thank Bent for his many years of consular services in both Indonesia and Bermuda.
“For the last 14 years, Bent served as an excellent representative for Denmark and its citizens in Bermuda through his consular and business affairs, and his involvement in the community. We will miss him.”
Mr Schrum can be reached at the Butterfield office on Front Street or 524-3050, or by e-mail at Danishconsulate@schrum.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service