The Ministry of National Security wishes to remind the public, that Bermuda will join other localities in the Caribbean as a participant in a tsunami response exercise today (14 March), titled Caribe Wave 19.
The purpose of the exercise is to assess and improve communication plans and coordination throughout the region.
It will test communications between the Bermuda Tsunami Focal Point, recognized as the Bermuda Weather Service, and the Emergency Measures Organisation. The Ministry's Disaster Risk Reduction and Mitigation Team will be coordinating this exercise.
Please note that If during the exercise a real tsunami occurs, the exercise will be terminated.
For more information on the U.S. tsunami warning system, please visit www.tsunami.gov.
• Press release from the Ministry of National Security
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service