11005 results returned for search: "" category "News" author Owain Johnston-Barnes
A St George’s man who flipped his car two months after being taken off the road for impaired driving has been banned for a further three years.
Jamal Simmons, 35, pleaded guilty in Magistrates’ Court this morning to driving while over the legal blood...
DATE: Dec 04, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Other
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A 26-year-old man has denied breaking into a house armed with a weapon.
Josef Smith, from Border Lane, Devonshire, pleaded not guilty yesterday to aggravated burglary, using a firearm to commit an indictable offence and discharging a firearm.
The cha...
DATE: Dec 02, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A 54-year-old man has admitted to sexually touching a five-year-old girl.
Michael Byron, from Southampton, pleaded guilty in Supreme Court yesterday to two counts of sexually exploiting a young person.
According to the charges, both incidents took p...
DATE: Dec 02, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Other
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A St George’s man who repeatedly refused to heed warnings by Police has been disqualified from driving for more than a year.
Alberto DeCouto, 25, pleaded guilty in Magistrates’ Court this morning to having care and control of a vehicle while impaired...
DATE: Dec 02, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Other
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A 41-year-old man was charged in Magistrates’ Court this morning with sexual assault.
The Pembroke man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, was not required to enter a plea as the matter must be heard by the Supreme Court. The court heard tha...
DATE: Dec 02, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Other
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
HSBC is issuing new credit and debit cards to those who were affected by credit-card “skimming” this year, but denied rumours that there had been a second incident.
Police announced in September that they were investigating an incident of skimming af...
DATE: Dec 01, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Other
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A British beauty therapist jailed after scarring a woman’s face at a New Year’s party has had her sentence reduced by the Court of Appeal.
Natalie Simpson, 25, was convicted earlier this year of unlawfully wounding 31-year-old Alexandra Wheatley afte...
DATE: Nov 28, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A man who brutally beat and stabbed a 63-year-old woman to steal $100 has lost an appeal against conviction.
Jamar Malik Dill was sentenced to eight years behind bars in 2012 after being convicted of robbery by a majority verdict.
During his Supreme ...
DATE: Nov 28, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A review of the Island’s minibus industry by the Public Service Vehicles Licensing Board is set to be completed next month, according to Transport Minister Shawn Crockwell.
Speaking in the House of Assembly this morning, Mr Crockwell said that while ...
DATE: Nov 28, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Other
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
Legislation to improve service at the National Office for Seniors and the Physically Challenged (NOSPC) is coming, according to Health Minister Jeanne Atherden.
Speaking in the House of Assembly this morning, the Minister said an initial draft review...
DATE: Nov 28, 2014
|
CATEGORY:
Other
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes