95 results returned for search: "" category "Court" author Sarah Lagan
Two men and a woman have been banned from the roads for drink-driving offences.
Randall Hall, 32, from Devonshire, received a three-year ban from the roads for driving while more than 2½ times over the legal limit of 80 milligrams of alcohol in 100 ...
DATE: Dec 15, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
A 55-year-old man has been sentenced to two years and four months in prison for conspiracy to import almost 6,500 grams of cannabis.
Charles Paul, of Warwick, who said he committed the offence in order to save his leg via surgery, was caught trying ...
DATE: Aug 31, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
A 50-year-old man has been given a six-month prison sentence for prowling and repeatedly entering Little Pomander Guest House without lawful excuse. Carlos Astwood, of no fixed abode, pleaded guilty to three counts of entering the premises at 16 Poma...
DATE: Aug 06, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
A 43-year-old Pembroke taxi operator has admitted a charge of driving while over the blood-alcohol limit.
During the same hearing, Cecil Wilkinson pleaded not guilty to five other charges including tresspassing, burglary and stalking. Speaking on th...
DATE: Apr 02, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
Two Sandys men have pleaded guilty to affray after getting into a fight with one another in the early hours of yesterday morning.
One of the men also admitted giving Police a false name at the time of arrest.
Crown counsel Alan Richards said that Pol...
DATE: Apr 02, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
Malik Outerbridge, 43, has admitted to possessing 0.19g of cocaine of 90 per cent purity.
After sentencing Outerbridge in Plea Court this morning, Magistrate Khasimi Tokunbo ordered a social inquiry report to be conducted on the defendant.
Police we...
DATE: Apr 02, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
A man has been sentenced to six months in prison after abandoning an appeal against a conviction of causing grievous bodily harm to Joanna Hassel.
Colin Menzies, 46, of Southampton, was also ordered to pay a sum of $2,109 to pay for the medical expen...
DATE: Apr 02, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
A 26-year-old Southampton man has pleaded guilty to possessing cocaine but must decide whether he faces his charges in the drug treatment court.
Desmond Mills will have the opportunity to participate in three observations before deciding whether to ...
DATE: Mar 10, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
A 28-year-old Warwick man has pleaded not guilty to stealing jewellery to the value of $86,575 from ER Aubrey on Queen Street.
Kyle Smith was charged with trespassing on to the Pembroke store on October 12 last year and for stealing the goods.
Prose...
DATE: Mar 10, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan
A 56-year-old man of no fixed abode has been charged for a grievous bodily harm offence that was said to have taken place 15 years ago.
Kenneth Dyer, formerly of Southampton, said that he left the Island “18 or 19 years ago”, to which Senior Magistr...
DATE: Mar 09, 2015
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Sarah Lagan