Lambe upbeat despite drawing at home
A last-gasp goal denied Reggie Lambe’s Toronto FC victory at the death against defending MLS champions LA Galaxy at the BMO Stadium at the weekend.
Jose Villarreal scored a stunning stoppage-time goal to help Galaxy salvage a 2-2 draw.
Galaxy’s Mike Magee opened the scoring early on before Robert Earnshaw equalised midway through the second half.
Jonathan Osario gave Toronto the lead in the 78th minute, but Villarreal then scored his first goal of the season in the second minute of stoppage time with a scissor kick.
Lambe, who went close to scoring in the first half, believed his team deserved the three points. “I think we did good to come back from one nil but we needed to see the game out in the last few minutes by keeping the ball in the corner or making sure we play in their half,” he said
“I thought we played well but it’s disappointing not to come away with the win. We just have to look forward to next week and try and remain unbeaten at home.”
Head coach Ryan Nelsen said he saw positives in his side’s performance. "Late goals happen. They throw numbers in the box and balls go in. It's not an indictment of this team. Nobody is blaming anybody, definitely not me. “
Toronto return to BMO Field against FC Dallas on Saturday.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service