Log In

Reset Password

Social Club slip up at home

Among the goals: Allan Douglas Jr

First Division leaders Young Men’s Social Club dropped their first points of the season after being held to a 1-1 draw at home to St George’s Colts.

Social Club went into yesterday’s contest at PHC Field with a perfect record after six matches. But they were forced to chase the game after Allan Douglas Jr, a late transfer from St David’s, put the visiting side ahead in the 48th minute.

However, St George’s were ultimately denied a third league victory of the campaign as Social Club equalised through a Jeremy Hayward own goal to grab a share of the spoils.

Despite dropping points Social Club remain at the top of the table, three points ahead of second-placed X-Roads whose long drive to the West End was worth it as they came away with an 8-0 win over bottom team Ireland Rangers at Malabar Field.

Nasir Richardson was the first of eight different scorers for the visiting side as he broke the deadlock in the fourteenth minute.

An own goal by Jariko Powell in the eighteenth minute doubled the lead which stood at 2-0 at the half. Ared Hayward and Antinoi Butterfield scored in the 50th and 58th minutes to make it 4-0 before Daniel Baker extended the lead to 5-0 in the 68th. Nyquan Perinchief and Aaron Spencer netted in the 75th and 78th minutes before Mackih McGowan closed out the scoring in the final minute.

St David’s dropped from third to fourth after suffering their second straight loss, 5-4 at Paget Lions at Southampton Oval. St David’s led 2-0 midway through the first half on goals from Kontaicf Burton in the 23rd minute and Dante Albouy in the 26th. However, the dramatic turnaround began with Koshun Durrant netting right before the half.

Jahnai Richardson levelled it up at 2-2 in the 67th minute before Dunte Albouy and Diego McCallan put St David’s 4-2 up. However, their hopes of three points were shattered in a thrilling finish as Paget netted three times in the final nine minutes to clinch only their second win in the league.

Robert Richardson scored in the 81st minute before Dion Stovell, who played cricket for St David’s last summer, scored from the penalty spot in the 88th minute to make it 4-4. Demetri Butterfield was booked for the handball inside the box and then shown a second yellow card for showing dissent.

Carpenter settled the match with a dramatic winner in the final minute.

Southampton Rangers bounced back after a 5-4 loss to St George’s last weekend to beat Wolves 4-2 at Devonshire Recreation Club and leap into third place ahead of St David’s. George Dyer gave Wolves the lead from the penalty spot in the first minute before Dominique Hill levelled it up in the 26th.

Vincent Minors put Wolves back in front in the 54th minute before Hill netted his second goal five minutes later to make it 2-2. Two late strikes from Keedai Astwood sealed the win for Rangers. He scored the go-ahead goal in the 77th minute and then made certain of the points with a second goal in the 90th minute.

In the other match Hamilton Parish and BAA drew 0-0 at Wellington Oval, the third straight clean sheet for Parish.