Hood get going again after Burchall funeral
Somerset Trojans will be looking for an improved performance when they return to Goose Gosling Field tonight to take on Robin Hood in their rescheduled Premier Division match.
The Trojans, after beating Devonshire Cougars 2-0 in their Dudley Eve Trophy opener, have leaked 12 goals in their past two matches, going down 7-1 to Hood in a group match and then 5-3 to X-Roads in their league opener.
Now they will be back at the scene of that six-goal drubbing, hoping to gain their first points of the season against a Hood side that is good scoring form, having also smashed seven past Devonshire Cougars in their other Dudley Eve Trophy group match.
Tonight's fixture, as well as that of Cougars v PHC, was postponed on Sunday for the funeral of Mazhye Burchall, the Robin Hood and former PHC winger who died in a recent bike crash.
The two clubs were unified as they paid their last respects to the 20-year-old on the weekend. Burchall, a Bermuda Under-20 player, was instrumental in Hood's victory over the Trojans, his last match for the club.
Hood are looking to join Dandy Town and X-Roads on six points after both won their first two matches, with Town getting another 4-1 win over a promoted side, Paget, while X-Roads beat Village 3-2 on Sunday.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service