Singles Series final places up for grabs
The finals of The Coral Beach and Tennis Club CBC Adult Singles Series will be decided today as the tournament continues with the hotly contested semi-finals.
In the Men's Singles Open of the Bermuda Lawn Tennis Association sanctioned event, the island's No 1 player, Gavin Manders, remains one of the favourites for honours after beating Benjamin Jones on his way to the semi-finals. There, he will meet Sam Butler, who prevailed against Denzel Hollis at the quarter-final stage.
In the other semi-final draw, Neal Towlson, who overcame Dean Mello in the previous round, will battle against David Thomas, who beat Jovan Jordan-Whitter, for a place in tomorrow's showpiece final.
In the Men's Consolation event, David Leader will take on David Benevides in the semi-finals, while the other final-four encounter will see Johannes Meyers take on Wilfred Gonsalves.
In the Women's Singles Open qualifiers, just three games remain to decide who will progress through to the final.
The qualifications have been split into two groups with the winner of group A facing the winner of group B in the overall final.
Yesterday's action saw Kietny Chrun overcome Jae Gibbons 6-0,6-0, while Chermaine Thomas also sealed a straight-sets victory, beating Kumani Jackson 6-0, 6-1.
Thomas returns to the court today against Isabelle Boisvert, while Jackson will take on Asia-Leigh Hollis and Cayla Cross goes head-to-head with Victoria Stephens.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service