Burch and Blackburn national records
Roy-Allan Burch and Lisa Blackburn made splashes in the pool last week as both lowered their national records.
While competing at the British national trials, Burch showed very good early season form, finishing in sixth place in a time of 22.8 seconds in the heats of the 50 metres freestyle. He clocked 22.9 seconds in the final.
No other Bermuda swimmer has dipped under 23 seconds.
Blackburn continued to show improvement as she bids to make the Olympic qualification standard.
Both her times in the 100 and 200 metres breaststroke lowered national records.
She will join Burch and Julian Fletcher the Indianapolis Grand Prix meet at the end of the month.
Local action continues today in the BASA pool when the second of the Best of Best Shipping meets take place.
Eight swimmers have met the selection standard for this year’s Carifta Games team, with several more having a real chance of making the grade.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service