Luxury ship The World to visit Bermuda
A floating condo for the world's well-heeled is set to visit Bermuda in October.
Minister of Transport Derrick Burgess listed a number of glitzy ships to visit Bermuda this year when he outlined the budget for Tourism in the House of Assembly.
On the list is
The World, which Mr Burgess described as “a one-of-a-kind residences at sea ship”.
She is due to visit for three nights from October 23.
The World, which has visited Bermuda before,
serves as a residential community owned by its residents, who hail from about 40 different countries. They live on board as the ship slowly circumnavigates the globe, staying in most ports from two to five days.
Some residents live on board full time while others visit their floating home periodically throughout the year. There are 165 apartments on board.
The ship is registered in the Bahamas and has a gross tonnage of 43,524 tons. She is 644 feet (196m) long, 98 feet (30m) wide, and has a 22-foot (6.7m) draft, 12 decks, and a maximum speed of 18.5 knots (34.3km/h). The crew numbers 250.
lFor more information, visit www.condohotelcenter.com/residensea.html
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service