Tourism launches new online booking tool
The Department of Tourism has launched the first phase of a new online tool aimed and making it easier to book Bermuda vacations.
The new online booking tool at the website GoToBermuda.com allows consumers to search for locations to stay, and conveniently book without additional fees.
Once all three planned phases for the booking engine are completed, the site will allow travellers to purchase accommodations, flights and a new inclusion of on-Island activities all in one central, reliable and secure location.
Tourism Minister Shawn Crockwell said yesterday: “We believe this new tool makes planning a trip to Bermuda easier than ever and will help lead the consumer more effectively from the planning to the booking stage.
“We believe our visitors can spend less time worrying about the planning process and more time looking forward to the great vacation that awaits them.”
The booking engine is being provided by VisitUs, a Tennessee-based company selected by a request for proposal.
VisitUs CEO Kristin Intress said: “We are pleased to provide Bermuda the booking capability that visitors will find easy-to-use and expands the booking experience to all that Bermuda has to offer.
“The technology also includes marketing tools that maximise consumer spend such as flash sales, pre/post e-mails, and social media integration.”
VisitUs will be distributing e-mails to hotels and activity providers encouraging participation with the booking widget, a service providing targeted visibility and the option to book excursions in advance of travelling.
Those that register by May 6 will receive complimentary implementation to the programme. Those who have not received an e-mail from VisitUs within the next week, can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service