Fifty-five Bermudian athletes to represent Island at Carifta Games
Fifty-five track and field athletes will represent Bermuda at next week's 2012 LIME Carifta Games at the National Sports Centre (NSC) after an intense qualifying phase to determine who represent the Country.
The Island will have at least one athlete in all but five events at the championships, with podium finishes expected from many of the athletes.
A host of big names have been named in the squad, including former medallists Jeneko Place, Bruce DeGrilla, Shaquille Dill, Dage Minors, Justin Donawa, and Kyrah Scraders.
Other contenders for podium positions in the squad include Juma Mouchette, Kyle Webb, Shuntae Hendrickson, and Taylor-Ashley Bean.
"I am please to announce the Carifta 2012 team, said Bermud Track and Field Association (BTFA) president Donna Watson. "The coaches along with the Board have selected and approved 55 athletes for the Carifta Games.
"Based on the performances of the athletes this weekend I have no doubt Bermuda will be proud of the team that has been selected."
The Games kick off next weekend at the NSC.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service