Crowds turn out for marine expo
A popular maritime showcase bringing boat enthusiasts to the East End celebrated its comeback at the weekend.
The St George’s Marine Expo returned after two years on hold because of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The show highlighted marine businesses along with the latest in boating technology and the island’s seafaring history.
It was delivered by the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation with the sponsor, Rubis Energy.
Held at Ordnance Island, the expo was planned by the BEDC with Bermuda Yacht Services and the Corporation of St George.
The boost for the Old Town brought some welcome trade to bars and restaurants.
The Bermuda Power Boat Association used the event to launch the 2022 season.
The expo, which was first held in 2016, also came with a return of the Old Town market, and gave attendees a prelude to the Sail GP racing to come next month.
The last expo in 2019 brought thousands to the East End.
Large events have returned island-wide with the relaxation of Covid-19 restrictions this spring.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service