Warwick Academy’s pupils, teachers, parents and alumni look forward to year of celebration
Wow, Warwick Academy is 350 years old! And we are having a huge celebration!
Also we are the oldest school in the western hemisphere!
Here are some of the celebrations: a time capsule will be buried, the youngest student and oldest alumni were interviewed, a raffle being held, a successful play called the Keymaster was performed and a music concert by the jazz group and more!
You can buy 350th wrist bands, coffee mugs, 350th badges, and pens.
My favourite is a brick that you can have your name put on and then it is used to rebuild the front of the school. It could be there for the next 350 years.
This only costs $350. Also we have a big 350 sign that has students hand prints with their names under it.
Exciting right? We have a huge gala celebration which is the biggest event. Lots of children have been walking and running around the island and are wearing the special 350th T shirts.
Mrs Vickers (Head of Development) said that all of the events will be very successful, especially the gala celebration.
We had an assembly at our school, and our principal told all the house captains to stay behind with the youngest student and oldest alumni.
We all walked into an area where there were about six cedar trees! We all gathered around where we all were going to plant one more.
Everyone helped to plant the tree. Then it was time for a picture. Say cheese!
Also Warwick Academy is having a walk/run on October 7th 2012 which any one can do. The Bear will be running in it too. It does not matter if you are fast or slow just come out to support the school.
We are looking forward to a great year.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service