Senior arrested on suspicion of DUI
A 65-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of impaired driving on Saturday after a two-vehicle collision on South Road, Southampton.
A police spokesman said that at about 8.45pm officers received a report of a collision near the entrance of Fairmont Southampton. “It appears that a car was being driven west on South Road and a motorcyclist was travelling in the opposite direction when the collision occurred,” the spokesman said.
“The rider involved, said to be a 65-year-old Warwick man, was transported to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital via ambulance, for treatment of injuries that are understood to be non life-threatening. He was later arrested on suspicion of impaired driving and then released on police bail pending inquiries.”
The driver of the car, a 61-year-old Southampton man, was not injured.
• Anyone with information are urged to contact police on 295-0011 or e-mail email@example.com
‘Deplorable conditions’ at housing complex
Burt to ditch traditional Throne Speech
Local businesses teed up for PGA event
Maiden Re plans move from Bermuda to US
International criminals ‘targeting Bermuda’
D’ezir dressed for success
Man had $170,000 of cannabis in his home
Dowling admits he did not follow rules
Lawyer may face six more assault charges
Tokunbo cleared over breath test
Busy time for tree surgeon after hurricane
An independent take on independence
Teachers hold elections for union roles
Man charged with firearms offences
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive