You Go Girl relay returns for eighth year
A popular women’s charity relay where costumes and fancy dress are “not required, but encouraged” is back for its eighth year.
The You Go Girl relay race, which benefits the Women’s Resource Centre, promises “a super fun event in support of a worthy charity”, according to Natalie Dyrli, one of the organisers.
This year’s theme for the offbeat race, where outfits have included tutus and superhero costumes, is going to be “crazy”, Ms Dyrli said.
It sets off on Front Street at 8am on Sunday. This year’s grand prize is a weekend for two at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club. Raffle prizes include donations from Gosling’s, Alexandra Mosher Jewellery, The Chef Shop, Headway Hair and Body, and My Sereni Tea.
The race involves teams of three women, who complete a six-kilometre, 4km and 2km relay.
It is run as a train, with the first runner or walker completing a 2km lap and picking up her team-mate.
The pair run a 2km lap together, pick up the third member, and finish the last 2km together. There is also an option for all three to do the 6km. Teams must cross the line together.
• To enter or make a donation, go to www.racedayworld.com
Call to save historic Albert Row
Seat sales are ineffective, say airlines
Swapping insurance for Chinese medicine
Nurse with cancer grateful for donations
Digital currency payments on horizon
Big turnout for breast cancer awareness walk
Take Our Poll
- "Which of these is the worst political gaffe of modern times"
- Craig Cannonier getting on that plane
- Michael Fahy pressing on with Pathways to Status
- Bob Richards's 'Money doesn't grow on trees' speech
- Lt-Col David Burch and ATVs
- Wayne Caines and the London cereal cafe
- Zane DeSilva's mystery shopper cruise
- Total Votes: 5373
- Poll Archive