Foal. Though I am not a horse person, my wife, Karen, is an experienced rider and teacher. This past week one of her friend’s mares gave birth to a filly. We went to look at this newborn at four days old. This was my first experience seeing a foal this young and she was up and full of energy, kicking its heels, wanting to run and explore everything in its new environment. She stuck close to her mother but did investigate us and allowed us to touch her.
The owner put a halter on this little piece of energy and began the process of teaching her how to walk on a lead and be familiar with people. The mare looked on concerned but, with encouragement, trusted the owner and the others to ensure the safety of her newborn. This learning process is immediate so that you can influence the future behaviour of the young horse. Waiting until they are older makes them that much more difficult to train as they develop bad habits. As humans we all seem to develop some bad habits and too often we do not look for ways to change them. However, it is a fact that any bad habits we have can be changed if you adopt a new one and practice it consistently for 21 days.
What habits would you like to change so that you help yourself? Make a list and start the process over just one year you could change at least seventeen ‘bad’ habits. Start with one and see the difference you can make. It is never too late to make changes.
“The victory of success is half won when one gains the habit of work.” Sarah Bolton
For more information, visit the SBA website at www.smallbusinessadvisors.com, call 295-7832 or e-mail dhhills[AT]ibl.bm. You can view past boosters at www.smallbusinessadvisors.com/boosters/index.htm
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service