Woman fined $200 for trespassing at store
A 42-year-old woman was fined $200 yesterday after admitting trespassing at a Hamilton Parish grocery store.
Tomika Swan-Taylor, from Hamilton Parish, pleaded guilty to trespassing at the Shelly Bay MarketPlace on August 16.
Magistrates' Court heard that a store manager had spotted Swan-Taylor on the property at about 3.30pm.
Last December, Swan-Taylor had been barred from all MarketPlace properties.
Police were contacted and spoke with Swan-Taylor who told them that she was on the property to use the ATM.
She apologised in court for trespassing.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service