Bermuda suffer opening day defeat to Denmark
Bermuda's suffered an opening day defeat at the hands of Denmark today at the ICC World Twenty20 2012 qualifier in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Choosing to bat after winning the toss at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium, the Island lost their first wicket after just two balls, when Lionel Cann was caught lbw, but a second wicket partnership of 74 between Dion Stovell (56) and skipper David Hemp (36) got the side back on course.
Once the partnership was broken, however, the middle order collapsed, with the side ending on 116 for seven in their 20 overs.
Chasing a score that was very gettable, Denmark only lost three wickets on their way to victory with five balls to spare, with opener Freddie Flokker (50) getting the side on their way to the win, with Rizwan Mahmood (47) ending the match as a contest.
Stovell and Rodney Trott were the only Bermuda bowlers to trouble the Danes, claiming a wicket apiece.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service