Canada to host Americas qualifier for 2022 T20 World Cup
Canada will host the Americas Qualifier for the 2022 ICC T20 World Cup where Bermuda will be looking to clear the first hurdle in pursuit of qualification to the main event.
The tournament will be held from July 17 to 23 and will also feature Argentina, Bahamas, Belize, Cayman Islands, Panama and United States.
The eventual top two nations at the completion of the round-robin tournament will advance to the global qualifier.
Four nations at the conclusion of two global qualifiers will then join host Australia and the 11 automatic qualifiers from the 2021 final to complete the 16-team line-up.
“We are delighted to announce qualification for the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup in Australia in 2022,” Chris Tetley, the ICC Head of Events, said.
“The pathway which culminates in the eighth Men’s T20 World Cup which will be held in Australia, sees the likes of Hungary, Romania and Serbia competing for the first time in an ICC event of this format, highlighting the increased competitiveness within Associate members.
“In addition, a remarkable 225 Men’s T20 Internationals are scheduled to be played providing a substantial number of playing opportunities to all members.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service