$5,000 reward for information on gun crime offered – The Royal Gazette | Bermuda News, Business, Sports, Events, & Community

Log In

Reset Password
BERMUDA | RSS PODCAST

$5,000 reward for information on gun crime offered

Crime Stoppers launches an appeal for information on gun crimes (File photograph)

A reward of $5,000 was today offered for information on gun crimes.

Crime Stoppers Bermuda said the cash would be paid out for tip-offs that led to arrests, convictions or seizures of firearms.

A spokeswoman said the rewards were sparked by recent gun activity, including two separate shootings on Court Street, Hamilton.

She added that three people had been murdered and six injured this year because of gun crime.

The spokeswoman said the charity had received an increased number of calls and anonymous tip-offs.

But she added: “More information is needed to identify who has the guns and who has committed the crimes.

“Crime Stoppers Bermuda cannot and will not report on our immediate success, but we want the public to know that when we pass their information to the appropriate authorities, every piece of information has the potential to help solve a crime.

"With over 25 years of support from the community in relation to the detection and prevention of crime, our local and international law enforcement authorities have increased their criminal arrests and seizures of illegal weapons.“

The spokeswoman told the public: “During that time, not one person reporting information has been identified.

“Crime Stoppers does not want your name or details, just your information to help solve a crime.“

For more information or to report a crime, visit www.crimestoppers.bm

Reports can also be made through the confidential phone hotline at 800-8477.

Recent unsolved gun crimes

August 2: A shooting took place in broad daylight on Court Street, Pembroke. Two men, aged 31 and 73, were injured in the drive-by attack which police said bore all the hallmarks of a gang crime.

July 25: Two 19-year-old men were injured in a shooting on Court Street, Pembroke. Several shots were fired on the block between Dundonald Street and Elliot Street.

June 21: Qwan-Marley Lowe, a 33-year-old man, was fatally shot in Sandys Parish. Three suspects were arrested in connection with the murder. One of suspects, a 24-year-old Sandys man, was charged in relation to the matter and the other two were released on police bail, pending further inquiries.

June 16: A 56-year-old man was seriously injured in a daylight attack on the dock at Darrell’s Wharf, Paget. He was approached by two men on a black motorcycle, who opened fire on him just after 7.30pm.

April 6: Jordan Outerbridge, 37, a father and husband, shot in Warwick as he walked home after a card game. He was attacked near the junction of Ord Road and Tribe Road No 2. Police said the victim was fired on by a gunman wearing a blue-hooded jacket, who jumped on the back of a waiting motorcycle.

You must be registered or signed-in to post comment or to vote.

Published August 26, 2021 at 7:56 am (Updated August 26, 2021 at 7:56 am)

$5,000 reward for information on gun crime offered

What you
Need to
Know
1. For a smooth experience with our commenting system we recommend that you use Internet Explorer 10 or higher, Firefox or Chrome Browsers. Additionally please clear both your browser's cache and cookies - How do I clear my cache and cookies?
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service
7. To report breaches of the Terms of Service use the flag icon