Bermuda-based hedge fund wins two prestigious awards
Equilibria Capital Management, a Bermuda-based investment management company, was awarded two prestigious awards at the Investor’s Choice Global Hedge Fund Awards gala.
Its Flagship fund won both the Emerging Discretionary Global Macro Fund of 2012 award in addition to the overall Emerging Fund of the Year 2012 Award.
Equilibria was founded by Daniel Tafur and Fabio Lopez Ceron, two veterans of Morgan Stanley’s London Investment Banking Division.
Daniel Tafur is Equilibria’s CIO and the fund manager of the EQC Global Opportunities Fund.
The Investors Choice European Hedge Fund Awards was held last week at the sold-out hedge fund industry dinner and ceremony held at The Dorchester Hotel in London.
The European Hedge Fund Awards recognise and honour fund managers who have achieved outstanding risk adjusted absolute returns and these awards are considered to be the top honour in the industry.
Chenavari won the Fund of The Year award with its Toro Capital IA Fund, while BCM & Partners won the UCITS Fund of The Year award with its Duemme Sicav Euro Investments Plus fund.
The awards had extensive input from investors.
Participating judges included Aberdeen Asset Management, ABN AMRO Advisors, Ascension Health, Culross Global Management, DNB Asset Management, E.I.M., Feri Trust GmbH, Gems Advisors, Lyxor Asset Management, RPM, SEI Investments, Stenham Advisors, The Rock Creek Group and the TfL Pension Fund.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service