Island Finance Forum begins today
Stephen Weinstein, chairman of the Bermuda Business Development Agency, is to moderate a session on insurance and capital risk at the Island Finance Forum, which kicks off today (Monday).
Mr Weinstein will chair “Risky Business: Exploring Insurance and Capital Risk” on Thursday at 1pm.
Walter Roban, Bermuda’s deputy premier and home affairs minister, will also participate in the one-hour session as the keynote speaker with a pre-recorded address, organisers said.
The IFF brings together senior financiers, development partners and regulators to share and exchange expertise on sustainable and inclusive financial structures in island communities.
The weeklong event has the theme Investment for Sustainable Development, and aims to highlight the unique financial challenges faced by global island communities and the solutions for sustainable economic recovery and inclusive growth in a post-pandemic world.
The free virtual event will be accessible to attendees from across the globe in a variety of interactive sessions, including networking opportunities to meet and exchange ideas face to face or in small groups.
Content tracks at the event include climate finance, risk and insurance, renewable energy finance, blue economy, blockchain and crypto currency, and start-up ecosystems.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service