Repairs underway after lane collapses on Harbour Road
Emergency road works on a “collapsing” section of Harbour Road are expected to continue for another two weeks, according to Government.
A notice from the Ministry of Public Works said embankment and wall repairs were needed on the westbound lane between Burnt House Hill and Tamarind Vale “due to the lane collapsing”.
Work on the road is scheduled to continue until Friday, December 18, with work in the area taking place between 8am and 3pm.
The notice said: “Traffic controls will be under direction of Ministry of Public Works representatives and will be managed through traffic control signals and signage.
“The public is advised to avoid Harbour Road between Burnt House Hill and Tamarind Vale Street and to use detour route via Middle Road.
“The Ministry of Public Works wishes to encourage the full cooperation of the public and apologizes for any inconvenience that may result.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service