Dance party to mark Society of Art’s 60th anniversary
How do you celebrate your 60th anniversary? With ‘Art and Soul’ of course.
As the first of a succession of events planned throughout the year, the Bermuda Society of Arts is hosting a lively dance party in its City Hall Gallery on May 4 featuring the music of a first-class band.
From 9pm to midnight professional musicians Tim DeHuff (guitar), Johnny Woolridge (piano/vocals), Ronnie Lopes (vocals/percussion), Stan Gilbert (bass) and Howard Rego (drums/vocals) will have the gallery rocking with a broad spectrum of R&B music, including songs from such legends as Earth, Wind and Fire, Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Santana, among many others.
Those who previously packed the gallery for four MusicQuest events produced by Mr Rego (Booze Brothers, Motown, and two Red Alert rock shows) will already know that such live-band evenings are not to be missed. Unlike the previous musical tributes, however, which some treated as ‘concerts,’ this time the drummer stresses that ‘Art and Soul’ is primarily dance party, so he hopes everyone will come prepared to trip the light fantastic.
“There will be two 80-minute shows featuring music from all eras, so plan to come and have fun,” Mr. Rego said.
Tickets (BSoA members $50, non-members $60) are available from the gallery on the upper level of City Hall (tel 282-3824), and Bermudatix (www.bermudatix.bm). There will be no refunds or exchanges.
All proceeds will benefit the Bermuda Society of the Arts.
Based on past experience, gallery director Lesley Rego warned that tickets will sell out quickly, particularly since this is a one-off event and space is limited, so should be purchased without delay.
Doors will open at 8pm, and there will be a cash bar.
“We are looking forward to a great party for the gallery,” Mrs Rego said. “It is open to everyone, and we also hope that it will increase our membership. We are planning other events for our 60th anniversary as well, details of which will be announced in due course.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service