Warning over fake Post Office message
People were warned today to watch out for fake e-mails which appear to be from the Bermuda Post Office.
The BPO said a scam message has been circulating, falsely claiming to be from the BPO, claiming that a parcel has arrived.
It stressed BPO e-mails contain the official Government logo, address and authorised signatures.
The BPO's package identification numbers are 13 digits long and begin with two letters followed by nine numbers, and end with two letters. For example: EM123456789US.
The scam message states: “You have a parcel coming. The physical parcel may or may not have actually been tendered to Bermuda Post Office for shipment.
“Attached is receipt of shipment and address verification form.
Tracking Number: ZX46892384363508
From: North West
Weight: 13.7 KGS
Thank you for your business.
Bermuda Post Office.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service