Rangers to get tough on rowdy behaviour
Southampton Rangers Sports Club will show the red card to people who take part in antisocial behaviour, its president warned yesterday.
Jason Wade said the club would rigidly enforce its existing policy to ban people who got out of line.
Mr Wade said: “The policy of banning individuals is not new to the club, but we finally have a team of chairmen who are committed to enforcing the policy.
“In the past, people have put themselves forward for the disciplinary chairman, but when it comes time to implement, they are nowhere to be seen.”
Mr Wade added that Roxy Richardson and Wayne Raynor were elected the new co-chairmen of the disciplinary committee at the end of last year and they had acted to tackle antisocial behaviour.
Ms Richardson said: “We took it on because we want to change the atmosphere of the club. We want to reinvigorate the community.
“In order to do that, we have to get a handle on antisocial behaviour and to do that we have to start with those who are involved in it.”
Mr Richardson warned that anyone found to be involved in bad behaviour at the South Shore club would be banned.
The get-tough policy was posted on social media last week to help get the message over to patrons of the club.
Ms Richardson said: “Social media is something that everyone uses, so we decided it would be a great way to get it out there.”
Ms Richardson said the majority of club members had backed the policy. She added: “People have been thanking us for what we have done.
“There has been a positive change in the atmosphere of the club.
“We still have a variety of people coming in, but it's a different atmosphere.”
Ms Richardson added the club had also pushed back the bar's opening time to distance it from the club's youth sports programmes. She said it was hoped the changes would help improve the club's support for the area. Ms Richardson said: “That's what we are trying to do. Make the club better for the community.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service