PLP to host Women in Politics event
The Progressive Labour Party's women's caucus is to host a discussion on their role in politics today.
Topics will include the history, changing role, advantages and the impact of women in elected offices in Bermuda.
A PLP spokesman said: “The event will educate, stimulate and empower the audience.
“The caucus promises that everyone will leave with renewed vigour and pride in the vital role that women have played and continue to play in the evolution and development of Bermuda's democracy.”
Leading women in the PLP over the years have included former premiers Dame Jennifer Smith and Paula Cox, and former Opposition leader Dame Lois Browne-Evans.
The PLP women's caucus was launched in June last year.
The Women in Politics event will take place at the PLP's Alaska Hall headquarters on Hamilton's Court Street from 3pm to 5pm. Limited seating is available.
• For more information, e-mail Alexa Lightbourne at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service