Arch will not bid for Axis – report
Bermuda insurance firm Arch will not make a bid for rival Axis after it failed in a merger bid with PartnerRe, according to a report out of the UK.
London-based trade publication The Insurance Insider suggested that Arch, which has been linked to Axis in the past, was looking at a fresh approach.
But the report said that, after Arch looked at a bid, the firm reconsidered amid concerns over the size of Axis' reinsurance business and doubts about the strategic value of a deal.
Axis lost out to Italian investment giant Exor in a tussle for control of PartnerRe.
Macquarie analyst Amit Kumar urged investors to buy into Axis as the business could find itself in play after the Axis/PartnerRe merger fell through.
Axis will also collect a $315 million break fee agreed as part of the merger negotiations with PartnerRe.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service