Prize money up for grabs at School Relay Classic
Participating school teams will have an added incentive to put their best foot forward during the fifth annual Pacers Track Club School Relay Classic.
Prize money will be awarded to the eventual top three schools in each category at today’s event to be held at the National Sports Centre (NSC).
“With support from our sponsors we have a cash allowance of $3,600 that will be awarded to the Physical Education Departments of the top three schools at each school level,” explained event organiser and youth coach Cal Simons.
“The first place school gets $500, the second place school gets $300 and third place school gets $200. An additional $100 will be presented to the school that wins either the girl’s or boy’s division in their level.”
The Pacers Track Club School Relay Classic consists of two relay events (4x100 metres and 4x400 metres) with schools entering their top teams in both the girls and boys divisions.
At least 16 primary schools, 12 middle schools and three senior high schools are expected to compete in the family oriented event designed to “rekindle the passion for track and field in Bermuda” and afford schools the opportunity to showcase their athletic prowess.
Simons said other organisations have been invited to participate.
“We have also extended an invitation to the Bermuda Police Services, Bermuda Regiment, the Department of Corrections and the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service, Sports Clubs and Corporate Bermuda,” he added.
Today’s proceedings at the NSC will commence at 5:30pm with the Primary School Girls 4x100 relay which will see the eventual top four teams advance to the finals.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service