Hiscox is ready to restructure in response to Britain’s impending departure from the European Union — but Brexit is unlikely to do any harm to Bermuda as an insurance and reinsurance jurisdiction.
That is view of Robert Childs, chairman of...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Tuesday Jul 26, 2016 8:00 am
Leadership styles and career advice were among the topics discussed by two reinsurance CEOs at a 100 Women in Hedge Funds...
- Jul 26, 2016 8:00 am
Bermudian-based reinsurer Everest Re Group Ltd’s second-quarter net income was $155.7 million, down from $209.1 million in the...
- Jul 25, 2016 6:10 pm
Bermuda is officially home for the XL Group Ltd after it completed its redomestication to the island today, a move that was...
- Jul 25, 2016 1:07 pm
Fundraising efforts by the BFIS Alumni Association over the past year have raised enough money to fund a scholarship worth...
- Jul 25, 2016 11:58 am
Sixteen Bermuda Foundation for Insurance Studies interns made presentations to more 50 insurance professionals on what they...
- Jul 25, 2016 4:06 pm
NEW YORK (Bloomberg) — Ironshore Inc, the insurer purchased by Chinese conglomerate Fosun International last year, has filed...
- Jul 23, 2016 8:00 am
Preparations are under way for Latin America’s third biennial Alarys risk-management conference in Bermuda in...
- Jul 22, 2016 3:28 pm
The importance of the insurance-linked securities industry to Bermuda’s economy has been underlined in a report on the...
- Jul 21, 2016 1:45 pm
Qatar Re grew its reinsurance premiums to $654 million in the second quarter to account for 43 per cent of all premium income...
- Jul 21, 2016 8:00 am
Allied World Assurance yesterday reported net income of $153.4 million for the second quarter of the year — up nearly $144...
- Jul 20, 2016 8:00 am
- BFIS hands out $293,000 in scholarships
- R&Q pays $1.4m for island insurer in run-off
- Qatar Re recruits trio from Zurich Insurance
- Broker expects cyber-risk boom
- Axis estimates $104m in catastrophe losses
- Endurance takes $55m catastrophe hit
- Qatar Re strengthens Bermuda team
- Prince Charles speaks at Willis forum
- AM Best affirms MS Frontier Re’s A rating
- RenRe CFO Kelly to retire
- Validus sees $60m in disaster losses
- Axis Insurance promotes Paccione
- ILS market shrinks in second quarter
- Insurers facing huge Canada fire claims
- S&P: hedge fund reinsurers evolving
- PartnerRe restructures for the future
- Bermuda group impresses at cyber-risk event
- McPhillips promoted at Aspen Insurance
- IGI Bermuda rating affirmed
- Harrington Re raises $600m
- Students on voyage of insurance discovery
- Lightning strikes costly for US householders
- Futurist to speak at ILS conference
- Hiscox is lead insurer of attacked airport
- Ironshore gets ratings boost ahead of IPO
- Third Point Re gets better deal on hedge fund fees
- Insurers’ shares buffeted by Brexit storm
- New insurance broker launches on island
- Blue Capital fund launches buyback
- XL shareholders back move to Bermuda
- Willis’s Scope bullish on Bermuda
- Insurer expects big demand for cyber product
- AM Best sees tough times for reinsurers
- Big claim could kick-start cyber-risk market
- Freisenbruch-Meyer offers cyber insurance
- Chubb selects Simons as graduate trainee
- Insurer Neon set to shine in Bermuda
- Burrows earns XL Catlin scholarship
- Brexit threatens Britain’s role in risk transfer, Aon says
- PwC: captives want more guidance on CSR
Business owner’s silver lining to blaze
Dead fish were thrown from freezer
Vow to replace dated fire equipment
Baron’s pledge for those ‘left behind’
‘God made me blind for a reason’
Target of ex-Premier’s outburst misplaced
Walker defends special treatment for Bascome
Chefs shine during hospital shifts
Chewstick to ‘rise from ashes’
Baking a sweet business success
Memories from island’s Governor
‘Brownie’ is 100 not out
UK national promotes island in supplement
Drunk drivers banned
Take Our Poll