Allied World shareholders approved a special dividend as the insurer moved a step closer to its merger with Canadian firm Fairfax Financial Holdings.
Allied Word, one of the Class of 2001 insurers to form in Bermuda after the September 2001...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Mar 23, 2017 8:00 am
The chief executive officer of XL Catlin has dismissed speculation linking him with the vacant CEO’s role at American...
- Mar 22, 2017 8:00 am
Bermudian-based firm Randall & Quilter has purchased an island-based captive in run-off.
The London Stock...
- Mar 21, 2017 9:41 am
Any shifts in the geopolitical environment in the US and Europe that limit access to the insurance sector through tariffs,...
- Mar 21, 2017 8:00 am
Qatar Re is geared to be rapid in its responses to clients — and that is one of the factors that will help to extend its track...
- Mar 17, 2017 8:00 am
Grant Gibbons, the Minister of Economic Development, rose in the House of Assembly to congratulate Qatar Re on its new offices...
- Mar 16, 2017 8:00 am
The first February tornado in Massachusetts since records began was among notable severe weather that impacted the US last...
- Mar 15, 2017 8:00 am
The successful $450 million debt sale that closed this week was a step on the road to putting Qatar Re in the top tier of the...
- Mar 14, 2017 9:36 am
Catastrophe bonds worth almost $290 million have been admitted for listing on the Bermuda Stock Exchange in the past few...
- Mar 14, 2017 8:00 am
A new business conference in Bermuda that sold out months in advance has led to an additional unexpected boost for the...
- Mar 13, 2017 8:00 am
Michael Dunkley will become the first Premier of Bermuda to speak at a session of the insurance industry’s largest annual...
- Mar 12, 2017 6:59 pm
- Analyst: AIG may want Duperreault as CEO
- Bermuda remains ILS world leader
- Qatar Re raises $450m in debt issuance
- Insurance rates decline slows
- AIG CEO Hancock to step down
- AIG to use Luxembourg as Brexit solution
- Catastrophes take toll on island re/insurers
- Fidelis names new CFO
- Eleven redundancies at two companies
- Axis to redeem $350m of preferred shares
- White Mountains chairman Barrette steps down
- Maiden to file annual report late
- XL estimates impact of Ogden Rate change
- Maiden posts $75m loss after reserve charge
- Hiscox posts record earnings
- Students network with insurance workers
- Endurance profit hit by hurricane and quake
- Enstar earnings rise to $264.8m
- AIG cut 10,000 jobs last year
- Two new directors at Argo Group
- Loeb embraces Trump ‘paradigm shift’
- Berger steps down as Third Point Re CEO
- Bermuda CROs having increasing influence
- XL Group CFO Porrino to retire
- RenRe increases dividend for 22nd year
- PartnerRe reports $191m loss for quarter
- Salary negotiations topic for WiRe seminar
- Ironshore increases terrorism coverage
- Captive sector not resting on laurels
- James River’s top line rockets
- Insurance CEOs worry about regulation, tech
- Reinsurance in the age of machine learning
- Lancashire’s risk levels at lowest point
- Maiden shares plunge on reserves charge
- Qatar Re promote two after CUO resigns
- Greenberg’s hard feelings endure
- Hamilton Re launches student contest
- Axis strengthens link with renewables group
- AIG posts $3bn loss
- Nichols steps down as Axis Re CEO
The good, the bad and the downright cowardly
Video assault suspects arrested
UK passport concerns are ‘hogwash’
Commission critics ‘driven by self-interest’
Woman denies racial intimidation charge
Bermuda-linked billionaires make Forbes list
Dog owner accused of cruelty
London lockdown after terror attack
Skyport takes flight
Charitable status set for review April 4
Companies to pay more for Bermuda ‘branch’
A lust for life
Island to reap America’s Cup telecoms legacy
Boats to race for first time
Man admits using stolen bank cards
Cheers! Relief for beer drinkers
Take Our Poll