Jonathan Kent, Business Editor
XL Catlin has received the green light to open a reinsurance branch in India — a market growing at a “staggering pace” according to the Bermudian-based company’s chief executive officer.
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday Jan 23, 2017 3:52 pm
R&Q Re (Bermuda) Ltd has issued $20 million of floating rate subordinated notes, which are due in December 2023.
- Jan 20, 2017 11:54 am
Financial results for the first nine months of 2016 show the property and casualty insurance industry was less successful when...
- Jan 20, 2017 8:00 am
Bermudian-based XL Catlin has beaten 105 other firms in a league table of front-runners in product innovation.
- Jan 19, 2017 8:00 am
OneBeacon Insurance Group is said to be exploring a sale, and there is speculation it could prove attractive to a US buyer if...
- Jan 18, 2017 2:06 pm
XL Catlin has appointed Henna Karna as chief data officer. She has previously advised Fortune 500 companies on digital...
- Jan 17, 2017 12:46 pm
Fidelis Insurance co-founder Neil McConachie is to step down from his role as group chief financial officer next...
- Jan 13, 2017 8:00 am
Reinsurance capital globally hit a new peak of $595 billion for the first nine months of 2016, which is 5.3 per cent higher...
- Jan 12, 2017 8:00 am
Matthew Isaly has joined Hamilton Re as senior vice-president, head of information systems.
It is a newly created...
- Jan 9, 2017 1:42 pm
The trend towards mergers and takeovers is set to continue, predict experts at ratings agency AM Best.
- Jan 9, 2017 8:00 am
Munich Re, through its Eden Re II Ltd collaterised sidecar, has had about $258 million of insurance-linked securities admitted...
- Jan 9, 2017 8:00 am
- Reinsurance rates stability struggle goes on
- R&Q buys Clariant Insurance
- New Resilience Re notes listed
- Catastrophe losses highest for four years
- Enstar buys Dana Companies
- Catastrophe bonds hit record levels
- Investors face catastrophe bond losses
- RenRe creates new special purpose insurer
- ILS December listings on BSX top $1.6bn
- Ratings affirmed for fast-growing Qatar Re
- Approval for Arch’s acquisition of AIG unit
- Half-billion-dollar week for ILS listings
- Beechwood hit by links to firm in fraud case
- ‘No change’ planned at Allied World
- $265m of new cat bonds listed
- Fairfax Financial to acquire Allied World
- Coles: ‘real-time underwriting’ is coming
- New $620m reinsurer launches
- Island may take hit from Trump tax cuts
- Aspen names Thornton as COO
- Disrupt or be disrupted, conference told
- AM Best gives Argus positive outlook
- ILS: island seen having edge over London
- Greenberg loses US Supreme Court bid
- Best keeps negative outlook for reinsurers
- BFIS marks 20 years — aims to raise $2m
- Bonanza Re places $200m cat bond
- RenaissanceRe announces management changes
- Axis among first tenants of The Scalpel
- Validus CEO Noonan reluctantly sells shares
- Oil to pay out a second $200m dividend
- Neon appoints two directors
- Athene gets thumbs-up from investors
- Aspen renews Silverton Re with $130m
- Reggae artist Roache lands top job at Hiscox
- Gale takes top Bermuda XL reinsurance post
- Flood insurance reform boost for reinsurers
- RenRe’s O’Donnell elected new Abir chairman
- CEO: Ironshore can grow after takeover
- Expertise counts as cyber-risks increase
Tributes to popular waitress
Pettingill: Police should warn protesters
Parties to ‘have makeovers before election’
Man charged with drug offence
Bermuda protesters join march against Trump
Mayor: Barrier parking system to be extended
‘Bermuda moving in right direction’
PLP called out to back People’s Campaign
Take Our Poll