John Charman will leave his role as chief executive officer of Bermudian-headquartered Sompo International Holdings Ltd next year to become CEO of Overseas Insurance Business at parent company Sompo Holdings Inc.
In his new position he will...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Tuesday Dec 18, 2018 2:06 pm
A potentially $1 billion reinsurance company has been unveiled by RenaissanceRe Holdings Ltd and major pension fund manager...
- Dec 18, 2018 1:00 pm
Catalina Holdings (Bermuda) Ltd has agreed to acquire a $2 billion run-off portfolio of employers’ liability policies from...
- Dec 17, 2018 1:13 pm
Hiscox has named Bob Thaker as its new UK chief executive officer, effective March 2019, subject to regulatory...
- Dec 17, 2018 1:30 pm
Axis Capital Holdings’ credit ratings outlook has been upgraded by Standard and Poor’s Global Ratings to stable from...
- Dec 17, 2018 8:00 am
Hong Kong is aiming to create an insurance-linked securities market — a sector in which Bermuda is the global...
- Dec 14, 2018 8:00 am
Axa XL has donated more than $7,000 to seven Bermuda charities. The funds were raised through an internal sale of old branded...
- Dec 13, 2018 6:08 pm
Enstar Group Ltd is partnering with German insurance giant Allianz and investment manager Hillhouse to launch a new Bermuda...
- Dec 13, 2018 8:00 am
Ed, the London-based reinsurance, wholesale and specialty broker, plans to open an office in Bermuda.
- Dec 12, 2018 8:00 am
Hamilton Re’s ability to take underwriting and investment risks in a “measured and balanced way” is one of the reasons cited...
- Dec 12, 2018 8:00 am
Bermudian-based Sompo International Holdings Ltd has set up a team in the US to focus on cyber insurance.
- Dec 11, 2018 8:00 am
- Argus Group reports earnings of $10m
- Aon appoints Seth to leading role
- Ratings upgrades for Axa XL
- Marriott breach underlines cyber-risk scale
- McMahon: captives will pass substance test
- AM Best sees brighter reinsurance outlook
- Hendrickson promoted at Axa XL
- Caines and Abir in immigration talks
- The challenge of insuring the intangible
- Insurer XL Catlin scores hat-trick in study
- Horseshoe partners with AltaReturn
- Lyons promoted to CFO at AIG
- Papamichael joins Hamilton Insurance Group
- Bunt joins Everest Insurance
- Chubb estimates wildfire losses of $225m
- Insurers and reinsurers increase resilience
- Captive industry in focus at summit
- Taxpayer risk an opportunity for reinsurers
- Insurers strive to keep pace with change
- California fires could cost insurers $15bn
- The future of insurance, part two
- Axis launches Cyber and Technology unit
- Everest hires Levenson from Validus
- The future of insurance
- Chan promoted at Hamilton Re
- There’s still time to join Railway Trek walk
- Expert sees amplifying promise of AI
- Premier shares vision of fintech future
- CPCUs celebrate ‘class of 2018’
- PartnerRe marks 25 years in Bermuda
- Axa XL takes full ownership of New Ocean
- Storm losses drive PartnerRe to $106m loss
- Hamilton CEO Albo to speak in BII event
- New insurance accounting standard delayed
- Roache joins Hamilton from Hiscox
- Maiden reveals huge loss and Enstar deal
- Carmilani: rate conversation has to change
- M&A activity expected to continue
- Partnership helps young learn to programme
- Summit highlights island’s insurtech role
Louis Somner (1959-2018)
Police reprimanded over file search
MPs unite against ‘bullying’ EU
Population concern as retail sales dip again
Burt: Interpol helped to assess Arbitrade
MPs back Bermudiana resort
Cruise ship breaks moorings
Melonie gives back to 87 foster children
Take Our Poll