Proposed changes to give immigration law priority over human rights legislation is a “blunderbuss” approach, Shadow Attorney-General Trevor Moniz said yesterday.
Mr Moniz said: “It potentially has very broad consequences — it’s a danger to...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Monday Oct 16, 2017 8:00 am
David Burt fought Bermuda’s corner on tax in an interview on Britain’s BBC World News.
The Premier, also Minister of...
- Oct 14, 2017 12:01 am
The Bermuda Economic Development Corporation used just a third of its guarantee capacity to support businesses last...
- Oct 14, 2017 8:00 am
The Minister of Home Affairs has dismissed calls for withdrawing a new Bill giving priority to the Immigration and Protection...
- Oct 12, 2017 8:00 am
Wayne Furbert has replaced Senator Vance Campbell as the Junior Minister of Finance.
Mr Furbert, MP for Hamilton West,...
- Oct 9, 2017 12:01 am
David Burt says he held a positive meeting with OECD Secretary General Ángel Gurría today.
The Premier is in Europe this...
- Oct 9, 2017 2:36 pm
David Burt, the Premier, is in Europe for meetings in London, Paris and Brussels.
In a statement issued from London, Mr...
- Oct 8, 2017 7:18 pm
Legislation will be tabled today to address challenges by non-Bermudians who claim they have been discriminated...
- Oct 6, 2017 12:27 pm
Two town hall meetings will address dog legislation next week.
Speaking in the House of Assembly, Walton Brown, Minister...
- Oct 6, 2017 11:33 am
Transport minister Walter Roban said a delegation to London helped show Bermuda is “a safe harbour and open for...
- Oct 6, 2017 12:55 pm
The Minister of Public works today blamed a weedkiller ban for overgrown vegetation at the island’s...
- Oct 6, 2017 12:29 pm
- House: bid for cash for forts upkeep
- House: NTB ‘success stories’
- House: report on tax reform released
- Hayward reveals ‘holistic’ jobs plan
- Minister makes tour of docks
- Senate: quarantine act passes
- Senate: Hayward applauds geography book
- ‘Reduced PLP Cabinet costs taxpayers more’
- Youngest MP wants education system changes
- House: Burt reports on US trip
- House: America’s Cup ferries cost $1.6m
- House: students helped by cash grant
- House: more cash for local businesses
- Cabinet salary bill rises by $150,000
- Financial assistance unsustainable — DeSilva
- Loan guarantees for sports clubs
- Hope for jobs through sports clubs
- Fronting losses estimated at $40m
- Bermuda granted whitelist status
- Dunkley wants clarity over New York trip
- British boost for fight against gun crime
- Burt attends Black Caucus Conference
- Government outlines cybersecurity plans
- Commissiong demands apology from Gazette
- Familiar gibes surface despite new focus on collaboration
- Business legislation goes up for debate
- Kempe questions funding of new PLP initiatives
- Gordon-Pamplin claims evidence of NYC trip
- Police launch investigation into New York phone leak
- Children and families at the forefront, says Burt
- Roban welcomed on luxury liner
- BEST optimistic over green Throne pledges
- Burt dismisses ‘imaginative’ New York trip
- OBA attacks PLP’s ‘Trump-like’ politics
- Gibbons takes Burt to task over AC35 claims
- Burt: OBA omitted $13m budget spend
- Burt: independence talk ‘counterproductive’
- Immigration discussions this month
- House: scrutiny over recruitment policies
- House: Wilson’s healthy rallying cry
Minibus service reaps rewards of research
Helping women celebrate island life
Proud to be known as a ‘pond dog’
Drink-driver banned for three years
Governor wants more scholarship applicants
Girls club duo dream big
Take Our Poll