A woman whose teacher groomed her for sex when she was a 17-year-old schoolgirl said yesterday she was “over the moon” that her public campaign to criminalise such behaviour had persuaded the Government to change the law.
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Jun 25, 2020 8:00 am
An Opposition senator said that he would have recommended that legislators’ pay was cut by up to a half in the face of the...
- Jun 25, 2020 11:35 am
Senators approved amendments aimed at giving the Government more flexibility to fight future pandemics.
- Jun 25, 2020 11:32 am
Senators are expected to discuss a temporary pay cut for parliamentarians today.
The order of business for the Upper...
- Jun 24, 2020 7:01 am
“Chronic social isolation” contributed to a surge in violence over the National Heroes Day weekend, according to Wayne Caines,...
- Jun 22, 2020 8:00 am
A Bill designed to help the island operate in a global market was backed by MPs.
Wayne Furbert, the Minister for the...
- Jun 21, 2020 2:20 pm
Shoppers will be able to budget better after a database designed to show the cost of essential goods in different stores was...
- Jun 20, 2020 8:00 am
Amendments to allow suspension of contributions to pension funds for a year were approved by MPs last night.
- Jun 20, 2020 8:00 am
Legislation designed to introduce measures such as a curfew in the interest of public health was passed by MPs...
- Jun 20, 2020 5:01 pm
Policies on work permits and Permanent Resident Certificates will be reviewed by the Government, new labour minister Jason...
- Jun 19, 2020 1:16 pm
Legislation designed to allow pension contributions to be suspended for a year is expected to be debated in the House of...
- Jun 19, 2020 8:00 am
- House: charities to be reclassified
- Burt denies work-permit rumours
- Emergency powers questioned in Senate
- Senator calls on business to tackle inequality
- Simmons: the business of cannabis is happening
- Dickinson sets out borrowing plans
- OBA labels MPs’ ‘pay cut’ as sleight of hand
- House: tributes to freedom fighter Hodgson
- House: emergency powers Act sparks debate
- House: law change on marine pollution
- House: curfew amendment approved
- Hayward gets labour portfolio in reshuffle
- House: plan to allow larger gatherings
- House: ambitious space plan unveiled
- Burt: cashless gambling on the way
- House: deadline for debt collectors
- Space strategy on legislative agenda
- OBA supports fight for social justice
- Senate warning to stay on guard for virus
- Hayward: clarity needed about House comments
- House: Burt names antibody tests firm
- Burt effusive in praise for altruistic efforts
- House: tendering details on demolitions
- House: Bermuda Plan delayed 12 months
- House: Foggo thanks benefits staff
- MPs to debate extending state of emergency
- Senate approves ‘rainy day’ pension changes
- Gordon-Pamplin ‘vindicated’ by Hansard
- You can get married but don’t scuba dive
- House salutes former Speaker Lowe
- People feeling pinch can access pensions
- Late Speaker Lowe to be honoured in House
- House: solar farm update
- House: praise for Government media team
- House: public responds to ideas forum
- House: show will celebrate parade’s history
- Stanley Lowe (1938-2020)
- Eighty new Covid-19 test results pending
- ‘Better-case’ scenario is 263 deaths
- UK flight to bring home stranded Bermudians
Soldier left fighting for his life
Recovery more than a year away, says Hayward
Argus acquires two medical practices
Search dog recruited to help find Chavelle
Coral Coast offers Cup Match-themed masks
Could that actually happen to my son?
What does Bermuda mean to me?
Take Our Poll