The Opposition has defended its proposal for a lottery to benefit the island’s young athletes, after Nandi Outerbridge, Minister of Social Development and Sport, branded the idea “misguided”.
The remarks came from Michael Weeks, the shadow...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Thursday Apr 20, 2017 12:01 am
Lahey Hospital and Medical Centre has urged a federal judge to dismiss the Bermuda Government’s “frivolous” lawsuit, claiming...
- Apr 15, 2017 12:01 am
Opposition Leader David Burt visited New York this week for a series of meetings aimed at boosting investment in...
- Apr 9, 2017 5:41 pm
Randy Horton, the Speaker of the House, said that the decision for Parliament to go ahead after he initially postponed it...
- Apr 1, 2017 8:00 am
Political interference has been implied in the fateful decision for Parliament to proceed after demonstrators blocked the...
- Mar 31, 2017 8:00 am
“A respected and caring mother not just to her own children, but to the whole Devonshire community.”
This was the...
- Mar 31, 2017 12:01 am
The Minister of Tourism, Transport and Municipalities has maintained that the St Regis hotel development in St George’s is...
- Mar 24, 2017 12:01 am
The OBA will not be introducing a commercial immigration plan to the island, according to Senator Michael Fahy.
- Mar 24, 2017 8:00 am
The Progressive Labour Party has criticised the Government for failing to implement Operation Ceasefire and for reducing the...
- Mar 23, 2017 8:51 pm
Customs officers have been put through their paces by French officials from St Martin and Martinique ahead of the America’s...
- Mar 23, 2017 6:44 pm
The customs tariff on beer will remain the same in the coming fiscal year after a rare moment of collaboration between the two...
- Mar 22, 2017 12:01 am
- Dunkley announces rise in police numbers
- Income inequality linked to violence
- MPs approve budget after lengthy debate
- ‘No-confidence vote not in best interests’
- Relief coming to lower earners
- School buses ‘top priority’
- Resignation shakes OBA power
- MP quits after ‘a lot of soul-searching’
- Boost for local entertainers after House motion
- New tax for financial services wins support
- OBA backpedals on customs tariffs
- Premier accuses Burt of ‘selective amnesia’
- Roban calls for answers on December 2
- PLP to host jobs summit
- Government finances better than expected
- PLP promises tax reform in Budget reply
- ‘Election platform from a wannabe premier’
- Former Port Royal trustees sued over ‘self-dealing’
- General services tax a work in progress
- Live: Budget 2017-18
- Outerbridge into Cabinet, Scott steps down
- Scott plans ‘background’ role
- Brown ‘braced for chance of arrest’
- Budget: plans to strengthen police service
- Poll: OBA edges back into the lead
- Cannabis cautions set to come into force
- Claims are political attack, says Brown
- House: Grocery prices watchdog ‘redundant’
- Francis retires from government
- Airport gets green light from Senate
- Gaming legislation is approved
- Airport Bills go to Senate
- Fees threaten casino bid
- Brown hits back after raids
- Public shun politicians for Valentine’s date
- Senator ‘humbled’ by swearing in process
- Legislation passed on recording land
- Bermuda joins fight for women’s rights
- Airport Bills get green light
- New rule for passport applications
Call for workforce shake-up
Lahey fails to prevent evidence disclosure
Airport build begins — with nod to opponents
Punishments were brutal here too
Saltus students named Rhodes Scholars
Judges secure Cayman Island jobs
Remembering jazz haven
Police still probing 2003 murder
Take Our Poll