A new charity wants to tackle Bermuda’s preventable health problems by helping people get the right health information.
The Community for Heart and Respiratory Medicine was set up to take on chronic non-communicable diseases by filling in...
- FULL ARTICLE
- Wednesday Dec 6, 2017 1:15 am
New legislation will improve the regulation of the island’s care homes and nursing homes.
The Residential Care Homes and...
- Dec 5, 2017 8:00 am
Nearly 150 complaints and queries have been made this year about employers failing to provide health insurance...
- Dec 4, 2017 11:07 am
The Department of Health is marking World Aids Day tomorrow with a Move More Dance Walk around Hamilton.
- Nov 30, 2017 2:07 pm
Amanda Paulos has struggled with type two diabetes for a decade.
But the 41-year-old said she was getting to grips with...
- Nov 21, 2017 8:00 am
The Bermuda Health Council has spoken out against on-island kidney transplants due to safety and cost concerns.
- Nov 20, 2017 10:24 am
The Ministry of Health is advising everyone older than 6 months to get a flu shot this year.
This is “particularly...
- Nov 15, 2017 12:54 pm
Sexual assault can have a devastating impact on the lives of victims.
But a group of forensic nurses dedicated to...
- Nov 14, 2017 8:00 am
Halting the rise in obesity and diabetes will be the focus of a symposium in January.
As the island marks World...
- Nov 14, 2017 9:17 am
Bermuda is “bleeding itself to death” from the cost of treating chronic diseases.
The warning came from Hans Diehl, a...
- Nov 6, 2017 8:00 am
Bermuda’s organ donors and their families were honoured last night at a special event.
Kerrie Casey, hospital relations...
- Nov 3, 2017 8:00 am
- Support therapy for children overloaded
- Experts urge children to play more
- Keeping people talking about death and dying
- Raising awareness of breast health
- Scholarships for mental health nurses
- Volleyball event supported SunSmart
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month begins
- Combat diabetes by dressing diabolically
- Vow to tighten care home regulations
- Music executive to address mental health
- Legislation on global health threats passed
- Specialist surgeon arrives on island
- ‘Dementia is a ticking time bomb’
- BHB launches island-wide asthma campaign
- Wilson prioritises ‘ageing well’ strategy
- Sugar tax can lead to ‘healthier diets’
- Boost for dementia patients
- Staff shortage forces closure of UCC
- ‘Sugar tax may hit businesses and jobs’
- Male nurse living his dream
- Transplant surgeon to speak at dinner
- Diabetes association welcomes sugar tax
Dockyard fun moves indoors today
Premier travels to Jamaica
Government signs US tax agreement
Coke hits hat-trick as Town crush Onions
Island records slight fall in retail sales
Auditor-General urges action on net debt
Warwick Academy claim four titles
Smith finds net for rampant Lewes
Take Our Poll