Woman charged with premeditated murder
A St George's woman was charged yesterday alongside her brother with the 2006 murder of Marcus Gibbings.
Katrina Burgess, 47, was accused in Magistrates' Court of the premeditated murder of Mr Gibbings with Cleveland Rogers.
Mr Gibbings, from Trinidad, was found stabbed to death at a Devonshire apartment on October 26, 2006. Mr Rogers, 51, was charged with the fatal stabbing of the 31-year-old this July. Neither Ms Burgess nor Mr Rogers has entered a plea, as the charges must be heard by the Supreme Court.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo released Ms Burgess on $200,000 bail with a like surety on the condition that she surrender her travel documents, avoid contact with any witnesses, wear an electronic monitoring device and report to the police three times a week.
Both she and Mr Rogers will appear before the Supreme Court on October 1.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service