Dangerous driving costs man ban and $1,000
A 20-year-old man was fined $1,000 and banned from the roads after he admitted dangerous driving.
Magistrates' Court heard Tauriko Gibson was chased by police after he was spotted overtaking traffic at speed on North Shore Road, near Loyal Hill Pass.
Officers chased Gibson, from Pembroke, at speeds of more than 70km/h as he continued to pass vehicles.
He was pulled over near the junction with Jennings Road in Smith's.
The incident happened on June 15 at about 6pm.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo banned Gibson from driving for 18 months in addition to the fine.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any slanderous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service