St George’s man admits importing drugs
A man admitted bringing cocaine, ecstasy and cannabis resin to Bermuda when he appeared in court on Friday.
Marvin Woolridge, from St George's, pleaded guilty to three charges of importation of a controlled drug as well as three counts of possession with intent to supply, all committed on February 4, 2018.
The 55-year-old was among a number of people who entered pleas during arraignments at the Supreme Court yesterday.
Archibald Warner, the defence lawyer for Woolridge, said the case had “peculiar circumstances” and asked for reports before sentencing. The matter was scheduled to call again next month and Woolridge was remanded in custody.
Adam King denied five drugs-related charges, alleged to have been committed on July 27, 2017.
The 39-year-old, from Hamilton Parish, was accused of having cocaine, diamorphine, cannabis and cannabis resin in his possession, all with intent to supply.
It was further alleged that Mr King had in his possession a digital scale for the preparation of a controlled drug. He pleaded not guilty to all of the charges and a trial date was set for May.
A 37-year-old man from Sandys was accused of carrying out a serious sexual assault on September 6, 2018. He denied the charge, as well as a second count that alleged he trespassed at a property with the intent to assault a person on the same date.
The man, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was expected to face a trial in June.
Jonathan Ratteray, 32, from Smith's, pleaded not guilty to fraudulently causing two people to invest money.
He denied making a “misleading, false or deceptive” statement or promise between November 27, 2017, and February 24, 2018. A trial date was set for next month.
• It is The Royal Gazette's policy not to allow comments on stories regarding court cases. As we are legally liable for any libellous or defamatory comments made on our website, this move is for our protection as well as that of our readers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service