Parents set to be contacted over $150 back-to-school payments
Parents of public school students will soon be contacted about a plan to offer them funds to help with back-to-school expenses.
The proposal was originally announced last month by David Burt, the Premier, with parents or guardians to receive $150 per student enrolled in public school.
Diallo Rabain, the Minister of Education, said: "We pledge to make this process as seamless as possible while ensuring that the monies promised are in the hands of parents and guardians in time for back-to-school preparations.
“Parents and guardians should expect an e-mail from the Department of Education to register to receive the funding. The e-mail will include the complete instructions required to obtain the relief funds.
“The primary parent or guardian listed in the Department’s PowerSchool system will be contacted via their registered e-mail and asked to provide the necessary information to process a direct payment to their bank account.
“This Government remains committed to ensuring that our families receive support and resources as we return to a state of normalcy.”
The Ministry of Education said staff were working to ensure that the one-time payment would be ready in time to assist with school preparations, with parents expected to receive an e-mail the week of August 29.
A spokeswoman added: “We encourage parents and guardians to log on to PowerSchool to check their information; inquiries can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.”