Campaign group vows to fight 5G technology
A campaign group said yesterday it will consider further action against a decision by the Regulatory Authority to lift a moratorium on 5G wireless technology.
A spokesman for Bermuda Advocates for Safe Technology said the group’s concerns about the potential health risks of 5G remained and that the moratorium should stay in place until further investigations were carried out.
The spokesman added: “We want to assure those concerned with this issue that we are seeking advice on further actions to take at this time.
“Our safety concerns are shared by highly qualified experts and many members of the public who submitted objections during the public consultation on 5G, as well as over 4,000 people that signed the petition against 5G in Bermuda.
“Consumer protection is part of the RA’s responsibilities, and we feel inadequate due diligence has put profit over our people’s health with this approval.”
The RA last stopped the deployment of the technology last year and launched a public consultation.
The body lifted the moratorium last Sunday after an "extensive review process", which included a report from an independent advisory panel.
The panel’s report said that radiation safety science did not support the view that 5G would be harmful to people or the environment.