Thousands hit by power cuts last night
Thousands of homes across the island were hit by a power cut last night.
But a spokesman for Belco said that electricity restored to all its affected customers by about 10pm.
Wayne Caines, the firm’s president, apologised for the “unexpected” outage.
He said: “Once we experienced the generation loss, our crews immediately got to work to restore power to customers as quickly, safely and as efficiently as possible.”
Power firm Belco said earlier about 4,000 homes were hit by power cuts around 5pm.
The company’s website showed outages concentrated in the East End and central parishes, although some properties in Sandys were also affected.
This morning, only one customer in Pembroke was out.
A Belco spokesman said the network had suffered a “temporary loss of generation capacity”.
He added: “We will continue to provide updates as more information becomes available on the progress of our restoration efforts.”
“We know that outages are inconvenient, and we thank everyone in advance for their patience.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service