Historical societies receive grants for education schemes
Two historical societies have received Government grants to fund education programmes.
The St George’s Historical Society was presented with a $5,000 cheque while the Bermuda Historical Society received $6,000.
A Government spokeswoman said: “Each year, the department of culture provides a series of grants for organisations with a demonstrated need.
“These grants help to support Bermuda’s cultural and artistic communities. These most recent grants will go towards helping the two organisations in their cultural and educational awareness and support efforts.”
Ernest Peets, the Minister of Youth, Culture and Sport, made the presentation to Jeannie Olander, president of the St George’s Historical Society, and Andrew Bermingham of the Bermuda Historical Society.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service