End to End gives $70,000 to each of three charities
Three charities received $70,000 each after walkers, runners and cyclists took part in the Convex End-to-End.
A school also benefited to the tune of $15,000 thanks to its students’ fundraising efforts.
It brings the distribution total for the 35th annual event, held on May 7, to $260,000 after 35 charities each received $1,000 to mark the anniversary.
An awards ceremony was held at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club to celebrate participants’ fundraising efforts and sponsors’ support.
Donations of $70,000 were made to the Bermuda National Trust, the Inter-Agency Committee for Children, Families and the Community; and Transitional Community Services.
Bermuda High School was awarded the Deloitte’s Top School Award for their students’ contributions and received a cheque for $15,000.
Anne Mello, the End-to-End chairwoman, said: “We were delighted to see so many people out on our trails and roads, exploring our island from end-to-end, joining family and friends for a day of fun and fundraising.
“Their combined efforts have helped us to donate an incredible $260,000 to crucial community support programmes.
“We also want to extend a huge ‘thank you’ to our exceptional sponsors, in particular title sponsor Convex and platinum sponsors Butterfield and Deloitte, without whom this event would not be possible.”
• 2022 Founder’s Trophy – Gig Rowers: Paula Wight, Cindy Arruda, Holly Barany and Laura Lyons
• 2022 Honorary End-to-Ender – David Goonewardene, from Warwick Academy
• Deloitte’s Top School Award – Bermuda High School
• Best Water Stop – Deloitte
• Volunteer of the Year – Jacqueline Trott
• Team Spirit Award – Bermuda Special Olympics
• Top Corporate Team – Butterfield Bank
• Top Fundraising Team – FAC and friends
Prizes were also awarded for the Top Individual Fundraisers:
• Barbara Spiering, who won an overnight stay in a suite and breakfast for two at the Hamilton Princess
• Ed Carye, who won an overnight stay in a deluxe room plus breakfast for two at the Hamilton Princess
• Stephen Ruse, who received an Exhale Spa experience
• Paula Wight, who will enjoy lunch for two at the Crown & Anchor Restaurant
• Cynthia Arruda, Matt Paskin and Paul O’Shea received $100 Vineyard Vines gift cards
• Quinn Gunther, Alan Hoes and Holy Barany received Gibbons gift cards
• David Goonewardene received a one-month gym membership to Courthouse Gym.
Stephen Catlin, chairman and CEO of Convex, added: “Taking part in the 2022 End-to-End was a hugely rewarding experience and we watched the whole island come together to enjoy an overdue day of fun with their friends, family, and the wider community.
“I am delighted that much-deserved funds were raised for the chosen charities.
“The energy and enthusiasm of everyone involved was outstanding and we greatly look forward to seeing what next year’s Convex End-to-End will bring.”
The 2023 Convex End-to-End will be on May 6.
* For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 335-4351.