Bermuda trio tied in 27th positon in Ireland
Bermuda's team of Jarryd Dillas, Walker Campbell and Mikus Ming are tied for 27th after the opening round of the World Amateur Team Championship in Maynooth, Ireland, yesterday.
The island have a combined score of 144, two under par, with the Netherlands after the best two players' scores counted. Dillas and Campbell carded one-under rounds of 72 while Ming shot 77. Dillas is tying a Bermuda record for the most appearances at the tournament, eight, which puts him level with Brendan “Bees” Ingham and Louis Moniz.
“It's a tremendous honour to be playing on my eighth Worlds team and something that I'm incredibly proud of,” Dillas said ahead of the team's departure.
Dillas, 33, is the most experienced of the trio, with Campbell, 20, a junior at the College of William & Mary, in Virginia and Ming, 18, a freshman at Tennessee State. The team is accompanied by non-playing captain Robert Vallis.
Denmark are the early leaders on 12-under-par 132.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service